Monday, February 19, 2007

Life is short, play harp!

I love seeing interesting English phrases in other countries... That particular one was on T-shirts for sale at Carrefour (picture K-Mart meets Kroger, Egypt-style), just outside of Alexandria. More about Alex next time...

Congratulations to everyone participating in the Sebring 12/24 hour race this past weekend!!! A special congratulations goes out to Julie for qualifying for RAAM by riding 401+ miles in 24hrs. Simply incredible--you are my hero!!! Also, congrats to Linda, Aimee & Julia for taking first in their age groups for the 12hr race! Way to go, Sorellas--you RAWK.

Happy Birthday Lee on February 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation Rebekah on defending your dissertation on February 24th!!!! I'm so sorry to miss it! :-( Congratulation as well to Kristy!

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Tara arrives in Cairo this evening. I'm psyched for her arrival. It was fun doing touristy things around Alexandria last weekend & there is more to look forward to, including lots of pyramids and tombs and a trip south to Luxor/Karnak for the Valley of the kings.

Today is my last full day in lab so I'm headed back to work. Hope everyone's enjoying the President's Day Holiday and if you rode for 12 or 24hrs last weekend, I hope you're getting lots of well-earned rest, relaxtion, and food today. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Julie - you are amazing. Four centuries in 24 hours. I am speechless. :)